Charles Kim is an Oracle ACE Director, VMware vExpert, an Oracle Certified DBA, and a Certified RAC Expert. Charles specializes in Exadata, RAC, and Virtualization (VMware and Oracle VM) and authored:
1. Oracle Database 11g New Features for DBA and Developers
2. Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs
3. Oracle Data Guard 11g Handbook
5. Virtualize Oracle Business Critical Databases
6. Oracle Exadata Expert’s Handbook
7. Oracle ASM 12c Pocket Reference Guide
Charles holds certifications in Oracle, VMware, Red Hat Linux, and Microsoft and has over 23 years of Oracle experience tuning and maintaining mission critical databases. Charles presents regularly at local, regional, national and international Oracle conferences including IOUG Collaborate, VMware World, and Oracle OpenWorld on topics of RAC, ASM, Linux Best Practices, Data Guard Best Practices, VMware virtualization, Oracle database virtualization, and 7×24 High Availability Considerations. Charles is the technical editor of the Automatic Storage Management book by Oracle Press.
Charles is the current Vice President and Vendor Liaison of the Cloud Computing SIG for the Independent Oracle User Group.